Most employee engagement survey results show that employees do not feel appreciated and instead feel undervalued. Managers may feel uncomfortable showing appreciation and may not know how to appreciate their employees in ways that will feel authentic. Understanding how people want and need to be appreciated will help leaders and teams more effectively ensure people feel appreciated and valued. Learn the five languages of appreciation and what they look like, the concepts of appreciation and encouragement, and discover how important they are in the workplace. Learn how to have conversations of appreciation through skills practice and planning for how you can implement them on a day-to-day basis in your working environment.
Learn your language of appreciation by taking the Motivating By Appreciation Inventory. This workshop will equip you with practical strategies to show appreciation with confidence.
- Understand how appreciation connects to engagement.
- Learn the five languages framework for understanding appreciation.
- Discover one's MBA (Motivating By Appreciation preferred languages).
- Implement the languages to work for you and your team.
- Determine how to embed appreciation into your work culture.
Length of Course: 3 hours
Delivery: In-Person, Virtual, or Hybrid
Target Audience: All employees (especially beneficial with teams)